Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ding..Ding...Ding...The Avon Lady!

Anyone out there struggling with work? Unfortunately, I am. I've been praying for a long time about my job. It seems to me that each time I pray about this, something new at work happens---something good! I recently told God exactly what I needed, guidance in my current job. The next day I was blindsided. I got a promotion! Not a very big one, but nonetheless, a promotion. Praise God for answering my prayers, I asked and he provided.

He has answered my prayer, but I'm still struggling with work. I'm hoping this is normal, but it's a very difficult struggle. A lot happens throughout my day and each day I get very aggravated and stressed out about what happens. I get yelled at A LOT each day and put down by certain individuals. I feel bad that I've prayed and God has provided, but I'm struggling with staying in my current job because it's having a huge impact on my emotional and personal well-being. I don't want to disrespect or question God's plan at all, but I'm really struggling with work.

I recently found a masters program that I really would like to enroll in. AU has a masters in Christian Ministry with an emphasis in worship studies, ding..ding..ding....the Avon Lady!!! Something like this couldn't be more perfect for someone like me!
However, it is an additional expense. I would love to go to school full-time and work part time at my church, but what about that huge amount of student loan debt?

I'm praying about it and I know God will direct me where I'm supposed to go, he will always provide.

If there are any readers out there and if you wouldn't mind, please pray for my current work situation and whether or not I should return to school. Many thanks and blessings!

Currently listening to & hooked on: "King of Glory" by Chris Tomlin

1 comment:

Carey said...

Still here and still reading. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!