Sunday, July 24, 2011

What would you do?

Today church provided a message both encouraging and also heart breaking. Someone took a video camera in our town and placed a message about God in the middle of the sidewalk of a busy shopping center. Several and I mean several people walked back and forth glancing down at what they saw, but no reaction. Some people hesitated wondering why something so large was in the middle of the sidewalk, but didn't really think twice, they continued to walk. We didn't get to see exactly what was placed on the sidewalk, but watching some people glance at it and others ignore it made me curious. What would I do if I saw that? I would immediately stop and read and see what the message entailed. What would you do? Would you ignore God's word? Don't have time for God's word? What about the time he gives us all daily? What about the glorious gift he's sent? Sending his only son to die for our sins? I'll ask again, what would you do?

Fast forward to a few video clips of people in Africa and Indonesia. Missionaries were exiting planes with boxes full of bibles that had been translated into different languages. People were screaming, crying, dancing and praising God. They were so excited that they got to read God's word in a language they know and understand.

It made me hopeful for the people across the world so hungry for God's word, but sad for people in my city that just ignored a glorious gift on the sidewalk. This made me realize that God's love and mercy has washed over my sins and HE is using me to share God's word.

Today I finally turned in my information card at church. You know, the one that's on the back of chairs or pews or placed inside a program. I'd been meaning to do it for awhile, but never did. I told my mom I did so today and she said something that made a lot of sense, that I guess I hadn't realized. "Well, there you go, that's your home church."

Last week I finally got to meet the senior pastor, Pastor Dave and had a conversation with him about the burning desire that's in my heart for ministry and media. He said he may have an opportunity for me and we should meet. I immediately emailed him and anxiously await his reply. Today they stated a need for several volunteers of all different backgrounds: medical, IT, attorneys, fundraising and creative communications, among others.

There it is. In big bold letters, Creative Communications (special need for videography for both local and international ministries. )

Mom's right. Sounds like I've not only found my church home, but also my calling.

Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause. As I walk from earth into eternity. Hosanna, hosanna. Hosanna in the highest!




No comments: